The perfect fit.

October 08, 2013



We've talked about this piece already. Yeaaaaah, I know... The truth is, I'm kind of a sucker for jeans.

Why do I love jeans so much? Let me tell you, they're such a timeless piece, you can wear them with anything. A pair of jeans are like someone's best friends or something, no?

But... How exactly should you take care of this beloved item? And, how do you find the perfect fit for your body type? Well, right now, I'm about to share with you some things I've learned from my grandpa when it comes about jeans...
  • Jeans will always be there. They will never go out of style. They're an essential piece for your wardrobe (just like a white shirt and a good pair of shoes)
  • They stretch every time you wash them. And this is totally true, that's why you shouldn't wash them very often. And when you're about to buy a new pair, always buy them a size smaller than your fit (ex. if you're a 30, buy a pair that's 29) they will eventually stretch.
  • You should always choose the right length. Just like your regular trousers, you should consider the size of your shoes in order to create a look that is nicely proportioned.
  • Please don't wear destroyed denim. Do the world a favor and just don't buy that crap. Destroyed jeans look awful and people will think that you're trying too hard. If you happen to have a pair, throw them away, you'll thank me later.
  • Find the right fit for your body type. It doesn't really matter if your jeans look super cool and they're 'oh so great', if they don't look fit your body properly, they will make you look like an idiot. 
  • Send your jeans to a tailor. Yeah, sometimes it's necessary to hem your jeans to achieve the right fit that we all want!

And, that's it. Please have in my mind this piece of advice when you're about to buy new jeans, they will help you a lot. Believe me, I don't know why but my grandpa is alwaaaaays right. Always.

What about you? Do you have any other advice for buying jeans? Let me know!

-----

PS: Sneakers by Valentino.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© idle vibes by Victor Stonem All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger