The (unexpected) Interview

October 16, 2013


Ok. First of all, I don't know exactly how this happened...

Remember when I worked at an advertising agency? (Ohh, my illustrations have changed a lot since that!) Well, yesterday I went to another agency for a job interview. Let me tell you how it was...

I was having lunch with my family when my mom suddenly says "Victor, are you ready? Do you have your CV and everything?" I didn't know what to say to her, for a minute I thought she said that by mistake or something.

"Mom, are you crazy? What are you talking about?

"Oh, dear. Did you forgot? You have a job interview today at 3pm!"

"What???!! Are you high or something?"

"Ahhh, didn't your dad tell you? He got you a job interview!"

I was speechless. No, really I didn't know what to say or think... My mind was blank. And I really don't know why, but for a moment I thought I had the urge to throw up (but I didn't, I'm too cool for that).

"Job interview? Where?!"

"At an advertising agency, they're looking for an illustrator"

I hear the angels chanting in my head. I got so excited, I couldn't handle it. So, I started singing, dancing and jumping all around my house. Yup, sometimes I get over excited. But wait, I don't even have a CV, and ohhh... My portfolio is not looking so great, and f*ck, I knew I should have bought that blazer when I had the chance!!

Okay, off I go! (Yup, just like that. Thank God I had time to make a CV before I left home) When I first got there, I waited for like 5 minutes and then the creative director called me.

Ohh this place is so cool, That was my first thought when I entered. It looked very different from the other agency where I used to work. Somehow this place was full of joy and beautiful people.
The creative director's office was amazing, very cozy and kind of minimalistic with a twist (you know how much I love that).

He looked at my portfolio and asked me about my past experience on the agency I worked for. He also asked me about the composition of my photos, about my illustrations and ideas. Somehow, it was a very inspiring chat. And guess what? He didn't even look at my CV (well, he did but just a little glance)

The interview was over. It was time to leave. Once I got out, dad took me home. Aahhh, reality...

8 comments:

  1. This is so cool!!!! I hope you get the job :') 화이팅! (means good luck)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck man! You're awesome te va a ir super bien!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude! I really hope you get the job, you'll do great there since you liked the ambient. I give you my best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Once again you left me speechless with your amazing work with drawing. I admire you so much! And by the way good luck with the interview and all that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great illustration!

    www.mressentialist.com

    ReplyDelete

 

© idle vibes by Victor Stonem All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger